Tigerlily Foundation

Tigerlily Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to educating, advocating for, empowering and providing hands-on support to young women, before, during and after breast cancer. For more information visit: tigerlilyfoundation.org.

Monday, December 17, 2012

An Update from Tali, Tigerlily's Talented Team Member

An update from our lovely Tali, Tigerlily's Operations Coordinator and PETALS Program Manager!

"Community. It's a nine letter word. I hear this word spoken in everyday conversation. In the days since December 14, 2012,  I find myself thinking about the concept of community frequently. Who do I want to be a part of my community? To whom would I turn in my community should I need assistance? To whom would I turn after being a part of tragic event?

Tigerlily Foundation is part of my community. The volunteers, the supporters, the sponsors, the staff, the survivors, the women and families we assist through our programs. All of these people listed are part of my chosen community. 

As Tigerlily Foundation closes 2012 and opens 2013, my chosen community continues to grow. I have had the pleasure of adding additional staff to the Tigerlily Foundation Team. I have had the pleasure of becoming part of our own internal online social network. I have had the pleasure of people and companies reaching out to Tigerlily Foundation because they feel a connection and want to volunteer for us. Today I had two high schoolers ask me how they could become involved with Tigerlily Foundation. I began to list options and opportunities at Tigerlily Foundaiton for these two high school students and realized that they want to be part of the Tigerlily community, a community I have chosen to partake. 

May Tigerlily Foundation continue to grow our community and be a Foundation in which people are comfortable calling the Foundation their community! I hope 2013 brings happiness, peace, joy, compassion, gratitude, and health to all!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home