Tigerlily Foundation

Tigerlily Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to educating, advocating for, empowering and providing hands-on support to young women, before, during and after breast cancer. For more information visit: tigerlilyfoundation.org.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Renewal

So, I'll be the first to admit that the last few weeks have been a bit hectic, and I have had to spend a lot of time working through important issues in my life.  I am thankful for the friends that have been in my path... so many of them have been blessings to me.

Another such blessing was the opportunity to attend a conference presented by Living Beyond Breast Cancer and Young Survival  Coalition this past weekend. I wasn't sure how I would feel going into the conference. I had not gone before and with so much going on in my personal life, I honestly wanted every reason to sit home and not attend. Last week, instead of putting my full attention toward work tasks and personal tasks, that I needed to focus on, my attention was on things that didn't truly serve my higher self or a higher purpose. 

At the conference, I was floored.  I don't think I expected to meet so many wonderful people, learn so much helpful information, and especially, I was unprepared...and overwhelmed by meeting so many of the beautiful women whom Tigerlily Foundation has supported through out the years.

So, you can see that I didn't get out of going to the conference... I guess I truly know now that everything happens for a reason, because what I got instead was a sense of renewal. Renewal for the work that I do on a daily basis to support young women with breast cancer. Renewal because I met several ladies we have supported over the years. Renewal in the sense that I realized even more the higher purpose that we as advocates and change makers serve.  Renewal for myself personally. A change of pace. A new city to see that I've never been to before. A fresh start this week in my work and the purpose for the work that I do.

All of these amazing benefits because of angels along the way.  From the bottom of my heart, I thank all my angels. This week, I encourage you to thank the angels in your life, look beyond what you're facing today for a higher purpose or reason, and know that situations that you may not want to look for can be blessings in disguise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home