Tigerlily Foundation

Tigerlily Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to educating, advocating for, empowering and providing hands-on support to young women, before, during and after breast cancer. For more information visit: tigerlilyfoundation.org.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Words from Tigerlily's Erin: Finding Inspiration


Life hands everyone a different deck of cards. During the mix of it all, it may not seem fair and honestly, it usually doesn't make any sense. But one thing I've learned over the years, is that each one of those crazy, I don't understand, why moments has taught me a very good lesson. They were all moments and situations I would never take back. After all, I like to think God only puts you through situations you can handle...and I always tell myself, I'm stronger, braver and more courageous than I know. I'd love to share with you all of my down moments, but instead I'm going to share with you why I've decided to have a different outlook on life.

I saw this quote awhile back and it really stuck with me. "Stay strong, you never know who you are inspiring." I'm lucky enough to have a handful of people in my life who constantly inspire me, including all of the women at Tigerlily. The people you can count on to not pick you up when you fall, but rather sit down, make you stand up on your own, wipe yourself off and begin again. Trust me, it's never easy...lots of tears and bruises, but at the end of the day, I know it was just a bad day, not a bad life.

After building my strong foundation, I decided I wanted to inspire others no matter how big or small. I want to share my positive outlook, show people that being mentally strong will get you through any situation. I live positively daily, even when it comes to my fitness lifestyle (yes, I'm a fitness nut!) I just completed my second half marathon this past weekend. After all the training, strict diet and mental preparation, I see the run as a life journey. It's nerve racking at times, it has its random turns, long relaxing stretches, followed by uphill battles. It's always at mile 10 you want to give up. You feel as if you can't do it anymore, you're tired, feel beat up...the last 3 miles seem like a lifetime away. You know what I tell myself? "Stay strong, you never know who you are inspiring." I run those last 3 miles for the person who can't, for those who may not be as strong right now. Each time I cross that finish line, the feeling is invigorating. I even had someone come up to me after and say, "Thanks for keeping the pace. You kept me going." I inspired someone. 


Wake up each day with a positive outlook, be strong and know it's not always going to be easy, but you can get through it. Do it for the person who isn't as strong right now. You too are braver, stronger and more courageous than you will ever know. Inspire Someone.

With love & inspiration,
Erin Maestas
Marketing/Media Manager

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home