Tigerlily Foundation

Tigerlily Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to educating, advocating for, empowering and providing hands-on support to young women, before, during and after breast cancer. For more information visit: tigerlilyfoundation.org.

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Susy Wu: Why I Chose Tigerlily



Throughout my professional career, figuring out what I really wanted to do was a struggle.  The private sector was rewarding, but it left me unfulfilled and unsatisfied.  All my life, I had a strong desire to help others and do something meaningful.  I wanted to help better my community or even the world and I wanted to make a difference. I decided to look into non-profit organizations.  I searched high and low for the right organization where I could stay true to my values and fulfill my career goals and I found it in cancer.

Cancer has affected millions of people around the world.  It has affected me.  I lost my father to cancer.  My husband’s father died of cancer.  I could not begin to list the relatives, friends, neighbors who have all been affected by this disease. Cancer was going to be my motivation and I started looking into cancer related organizations. I was fortunate enough to have met Maimah and after talking with her and hearing her story as well as her passion to help other women with breast cancer, I knew this is where I wanted to be.

I feel honored and privileged to be one of the newest members of the Tigerlily Foundation family.  It is extremely rewarding knowing that the work I am doing will have a positive effect on someone and I look forward to being a part of and supporting such a great cause. 

Susy Wu
Lead Program Manager 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home